What you need to know before buying (that no one ever tells you):
1. Buy the house you can afford, not the maximum the mortgage lender thinks you can afford.
2. Don’t dismiss school districts - even if you don’t have kids. Buying in a sought-after district will come in genius at resell.
3. It’s okay if you don’t have a 20% down payment. Just talk with a reputable lender ASAP to see which mortgage options are right for you.
4. Don’t be afraid to walk. Title issues, an overwhelming inspection, or a nagging hunch that won’t quit? You’re the buyer. You’re in charge. And you can walk at any point.
5. Buying is costlier than renting. You’ll be your own landlord now, so you’ve got to factor repair costs, utilities, and furniture into your budget. Another reason to revisit number one above.
Tag a friend who needs to see this, or save this post for later. #EducatingBuyers #BuyingAHome #OakvilleRealtor