The data has spoken, and if you're planning to sell, the countdown is on!
If you want to sell quickly - list mid-March.
If you want to sell for max profit - shoot for late April.
(And if you're the over-achiever type, list on a Thursday - the best day of the week for a listing to go live.)
Regardless, there is always a buyer out there for your house, what works best for you?
With that in mind, here's a rundown of what you need to knock out between now and then to prep your home for market (with an estimate of how long each step takes) -
- Schedule a seller consult with a trusted realtor: 1 week.
- Make suggested repairs, declutter, and prep your home: 2-6 weeks.
- Meet with a realtor to set a listing price and schedule staging & listing photos: 1-2 weeks.
- List your home on the MLS: 1-2 days.
- Wait for an offer: 30 days (average days on market, August 2023).
- Negotiate: 3-5 days.
- Prepare for inspection and appraisal: 1-2 months.
- Close on your home: 1 day.
You can sell your home in as little as 8-10 weeks, depending on how quickly you receive an offer. Want help or have questions about selling? DM me today! #OakvilleRealtor #BestTimeToSellMyHouse #SellingMyHouse #EducatingSellers